AMGEN PUERTO RICO
A member of the Puerto Rico community for more than 25 years, Amgen has developed a major presence there because of the region’s talent quality, its favorable business climate, and the company’s successful track record in Juncos. The Amgen facility in Puerto Rico has achieved an outstanding quality and compliance record, while the company has established solid relationships with the government, the local community and academia.
A PIONEER IN BIOTECHNOLOGY MANUFACTURING
Ensuring that Amgen medicines reliably and safely reach “every patient, every time” is the charge of Amgen’s manufacturing organization. From the beginning, the company’s contributions to the emerging field of biotechnological production of human therapeutics have been driven by a strong commitment to meeting the needs of patients. From process development to clinical manufacturing and full-scale therapeutic protein production, the company has built one of the industry’s largest and most reliable operations.
• More than 25 years’ experience in bulk manufacturing
• History of dependable supply of safe and effective therapies
• Highly successful regulatory inspections
AMGEN’S FACILITIES IN JUNCOS:
MEETING PATIENT NEEDS
Amgen has developed state-of-the-art biotechnology facilities for bulk manufacturing in Juncos, Puerto Rico. Amgen Puerto Rico produces Aranesp®, Enbrel®, EPOGEN®, Neulasta®, NEUPOGEN®, Vectibix®, Repatha®, Prolia®, and XGEVA®. In 2002, Amgen embarked on a $3 billion expansion, resulting in a manufacturing complex consisting of:
• Process Development laboratories
• Recombinant protein production and purification (mammalian and microbial)
• Full-testing quality and analytical laboratories
• Formulation, filling, and packaging capability
• Water treatment plant
• Administration and training facilities, cafeteria, child care center