At McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP (“MBHB”), we provide creative, pragmatic business solutions through a variety of intellectual property services, including litigation, prosecution, and general client counseling. With offices in Illinois, California and North Carolina, MBHB provides comprehensive legal services to obtain and enforce our clients' intellectual property rights, from navigating patent office procedures to litigating complex infringement actions. We prosecute patent and trademark applications in both the U.S. and abroad, handle intellectual property litigation matters in trial and appellate courts across the country, and counsel clients nationwide and worldwide on the enforcement and defense of their intellectual property rights. We handle litigation matters before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and throughout the federal court system, including the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, U.S. District Courts and the International Trade Commission. MBHB’s practice areas encompass all aspects of intellectual property law.
We have practical experience in a myriad of technology areas. Our attorneys are experienced in the procurement, licensing, enforcement, and defense of patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, and unfair competition actions in a number of technological disciplines and product categories including biotechnology and pharmaceuticals, chemical, electrical, mechanical and materials, medical device and diagnostics, software and business methods, and telecommunications. As we provide effective and service-oriented representation on a case-by-case basis, we undertake each challenge with a full understanding of our client's business plan and the ways in which our services help our clients reach their goals. Regardless of our role, we never lose sight of our clients' business objectives. Our clients know they have trusted their legal issues and plans for the future with knowledgeable, principled professionals who have their best business interests in mind. Our client list includes Fortune 100 companies, mid-size companies, start-ups, and academic institutions.
Talent and Intellectual Craftsmanship at the Nexus of IP Law and Science
• At MBHB, the legal and scientific credentials of our professionals are first rate. Period.
• We speak the languages of law and science— and of the people we serve.
• One hundred percent of the firm’s attorneys and technical advisors hold science or engineering degrees. Of these, nearly 50% of our attorneys and technical advisors hold Ph.D.s or other advanced degrees.
• Our expertise across a broad spectrum of technologies, practices, and industries allows clients to benefit from our knowledge and experience—and enables them to rest assured that their technology assets are well protected.
Breakthrough Thinking, Clearly Communicated
• Despite MBHB’s unsurpassed legal and technical skills, the focus of our professionals remains on clear communication—with judges, juries, patent examiners, other lawyers, and most importantly, with clients.
• Collaboration with clients comes easily. Our attorneys and technical advisors speak the language of the scientists and inventors with whom they work. They are current on today’s ways of thinking regarding science and technology. They are up to the minute—and up to speed—on current IP law.
• The result is a positive, spirited firm culture— one that fosters teamwork and enables our professionals and staff to be more flexible and efficient in meeting client needs. A Balanced Focus upon Prosecution and Litigation
• MBHB devotes about 50% of its practice to patent and trademark prosecution and counseling. We counsel clients on the management and development of their intellectual property assets and craft strategies consistent with their business goals.
• Likewise, MBHB dedicates about 50% of its practice to litigation. The firm is proud to stand at the forefront of legally complex, highly technical patent litigation.
• This uniquely balanced focus upon both prosecution and litigation enables MBHB to approach a client’s needs from multiple perspectives. Website: www.mbhb.com