Belgium concentrates on a small territory (30,528 km2) more than 400 life sciences companies and 10 to 15 start-ups with biotech activities created each year. The majority of the companies are related to healthcare, but Belgium also has a good representation of industrial biotech companies. The growing life sciences sector gathers 12 main Belgian universities, 20 research parks and 24 incubators, research institutes, academic hospitals, and clinical research organizations. Biotech companies have access to more than 500,000 square feet of highly flexible infrastructure. Big companies and investors are already present as Shire, Kaneka, Johnson&Johnson, GSK Vaccines, AbbVie, Sanofi Genzyme, Alcon Novartis, UCB, Pfizer,...
Top reasons why you should invest in Belgium:
1) An interconnected network of 400 companies, 44 000 hospitals beds, 12 top universities, research parks, incubators, pilot plants
2) A very supportive attitude of the federal and regional governments for innovation in life sciences, eg. R&D tax incentives, withholding tax exemptions;
3) A strong capacity to manufacture sophisticated products as vaccines, cell therapy, monoclonal antibodies,…, due to the excellence of the infrastructures and high-qualified people.
4) A very good logistic organisation in the center of Europe: GDP and CEIV Pharma accredited airports, logistic platforms, ...;
5) a strong presence on the European financial markets: Belgian biotech represents 29% of the European capitalization.
Bio.be/essenscia, the clusters BioWin and Flanders.bio, the investment agencies AWEX and FIT are at your disposal to give you the good ingredients: start and enjoy the recipe!
Join our presentation to learn more about why you should invest in Belgium.
Session ID: Belgiu